Tuesday 11 October 2011

Oozit

Seeing this excellent blog post from Keith reminded my of my Uncle Walt who had a language of his own.
He lived in Cheshire and would often come to visit us in our Lancashire 2up 2 down and the conversation would go something like this:

"It's a funny thing (always his opening gambit). I've just been up the street and I bumped into ooozit and he had thingummy with him. Haven't seen him or y'know, t'other feller, for ages. We talked about wotsits and this that and the other. Aye - it's a funny thing."

We usually agreed it was a funny thing because if you ever disagreed with him: especially if he'd had a pint or two in the local wotsit, he'd storm out the house and walk the 25 miles back to his own home. It happened on many occasions.

He was a great bloke though. He'd been an airman and a professional football player for Bolton and Colwyn Bay and another team - Thingy Rovers.

 Uncle Walt and me.

2 comments:

  1. Your Uncle Walt looks a great chap. I take it the person in the cap is you in better days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I've had one or two nips and tucks since then.

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments here but please be gentle with me. Thank you.